Downloadable Data on Mineral Resources and related geosciences. National and global data sets available through similar web interfaces. Choose a geographic area of interest, select the file format you need, and download.
Map services provided using Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) specifications
Purpose of this site
The Mineral Resources Program (MRP) of the U.S. Geological Survey maintains an Internet web site to provide public access to various forms of digital data. Digital data sets include geology, geochemistry, geophysics, mineral resources, base maps, and other data. Coverage varies from regional to global. We present these data in an interactive map-based format that allows the user to create individualized maps by selecting data sets and map areas.
The MRP invites participation from other federal, state, and local governmental agencies in supplying data to this web site. Because there have been questions in the past concerning ownership and publication rights to digital data sets, the MRP issues this policy statement, which covers all data presented on this web site.
- Display all data sets on screen at scales that are appropriate to the data set.
- Overlay data sets in any combination.
- Print simplified explanations (symbols and short descriptions) for all data sets.
- Print small-scale (page-sized) renditions of maps containing any combination of data sets.
- Download plot files to plot maps containing any combination of data sets at user-specified scales.
- Query all data sets.
- Download portions of data sets that are freely available to the public.